Friday, March 27, 2009

Air Conditioning becoming a reality...

I've purchased a new A/C system for my TR6 with an eye towards using most of the components to put A/C on the 2000 as well. The kit looks good; we'll be trying to install it on the TR6 at the TCOC Tech Session at Dave's Place the first weekend in April.


Here's a link to the A/C system, if you're interested. I had previously found a Vintage Air interior unit that I think will fit in the passenger side footwell on a Mk. I, and coupled with the underhood components from this guy should work pretty well. Once I get the TR6 system up and running I'll go ahead and purchase the components for the 2000 set.


Can't wait to get started on the fenders. I had actually taken today as vacation to start on it, but I ended up laying down all day as I was seriously "under the weather". Hopefully tomorrow will be better!


This is a picture of the underhood installation on a TR6 (not mine, yet). Since the unit doesn't use either the extended water pump OR an additional pulley on the crank, I have high hopes that it will fit in the constraints of the 2000 engine compartment.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. It's bad to take a day off from work as vacation and not be able to use it!

Kathy has decided to take the GT6 to the MG show at North Hills in May. It looks like you have a bunch of possible cars to show this year... give it some thought!

Give Ally our hugs and kisses.

Doug