Wednesday, March 11, 2009

They're Here!!! And They're Beautiful!!!

Picked up the fenders and valences from the bus station yesterday...they look terrific! Still in the original primer with both Stanpart and BMC (!) part number decals (BMC's were probably applied at dealership as the numbers are handwritten on those).

In addition, I got two valences. One is a duplicate of what I already purchased, a mint factory Mk. I lower valence. Second one is NOT from a 2000/2500...I'm thinking it may be a Herald but I forgot to look up the part number last night. I'll look soon and post it.

WhoooHooo! Now I don't have to worry about patching the hole!!!

Jamie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I'm glad your panels turned up alright, I'm looking forward to getting some work done on my estate soon, my friend is going to do the work, I'm getting the guttering by the tailgate repaired and one of the sills, maybe the bottom of the rear wing as well, while the sill's being done it would make sense to do it.
Anyway, keep up the good work.

Heather (from the triumph forums)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new sheet metal! So... when are you going to find time to install it? Hope you can find time somewhere in there to visit with old friends.

Doug

Kyle said...

Hi Jaime,

Your estate is always an inspiration. I am still working on my 66 2000. The engine, trans and front suspension where removed this weekend. I wonder how quickly I will be able to get it back together. I am hoping for the beginning of May. Anyway good luck with the project, and keep up the good work.

Kyle.