Friday, October 10, 2008

Pictures of current status

After grinding away the paint over bondo over paint last night, I decided to post some pictures of the current status of the project.
  • All the items in the car are parts for the car
  • All the boxes on the roof, hood (bonnet) and windshield are empty boxes for shipping the Triumph parts I'm selling weekly on eBay (here's a link to my current auctions)
  • I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the damaged front fender. I have several friends that are better with sheetmetal than I am, I will be asking them to take a look before I decide what to do. Chris Witor has new front fenders, but at 195 pounds plus shipping from the UK, I'm looking for a more affordable alternative...
  • The post-it notes on the rear window are the working plan for the restoration...i.e. what I need to do next!
  • The weird looking thing stuck to the back of the car is the neatest trouble light I've ever seen. Comes with a magnetic back, a separate flex-head spotlight AND a built in magnetic tray courtesy of Black & Decker.
Anyway, here are the pictures:


Before I started grinding...

And after....
You can the problems best in this last picture:




So, now you know where the project stands. PLEASE write a comment or drop me a line at
tr6driver@yahoo.com I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: