Friday, January 19, 2007

Finally, a little progress!


I can't say there's a lot that's been going on with the estate lately. Between my new job and a lot of sickness in the family, plus the holidays, there just hasn't been a lot of time. I did find about four hours to work on the car between Christmas and New Years, though. After finding out that the "new" nose that had been put on the car was installed over some...less than pristine (diplomatic enough?) bodywork, I kept going. Managed to weld up most holes, still have a little to go, bent the battery tray and radiator support panel back into shape, and did the rough reshaping of the grille opening necessary to fit the grille back in! Apparently, it was a better idea at the time to flatten the grille instead of making sure the opening was the stock height. Consequently, I've used a scissors jack and some planks to jack the opening back to it's correct height (!). The pictures tell the story...

No comments: