Monday, April 24, 2006

Update...but not much to report

It's been pretty busy lately with the TCOC's main event, The Gathering, which was last weekend and was a great deal of fun!

The latest issues are how to rig up the throttle (I'm going to try a late Spit 1500 cable attached to a highly modified RHD pedal assembly) and what to use for a brake master cylinder. At this point I'm going to start off with a NOS 2000 master cylinder...but that may create a "long" pedal with the Stag front calipers. We'll have to see. If I have to go to the Stag brake M/C I'll have to relocate the clutch M/C in one way or another. Two solutions were posted to my question on the forum, one to move the cylinder over, one to create a part that relocates the cylinder forward and to also extend the pushrod. We'll have to see.

Also, my friend Doug from Durham has offered to help me figure out a way to get more gauges into the dash without it looking horrible. I really want a tachometer, and I would prefer a voltmeter over the ammeter.

More to come, I'm sure...

1 comment:

andy t said...

My brother has Stag front brakes and a Mk1 "export" dual circuit m/c... which I believe is the same bore as a standard Mk1... the pedal on his feels fine... make sure the wheel bearings etc are tip top... + the rears are fully adjusted so no free play...