Saturday, April 29, 2006

Gathering Pictures


Vern Brannon drove his 2000 saloon daily driver to the Gathering. Vern really does drive this car daily. I believe it came from Oregon as it has a PTOA sticker on the back window.

I hope at some point to get a steering wheel like this one for the Estate.


There's an interesting story behind the tear in the hood sheetmetal (visible just to the side of the "hood scoop"). Apparently Vern was driving the car one day when the original fan blade lost a blade...which left, rather rapidly, while creating the tear along the way. Vern has since replaced the fan...and this led me to buy a TR250 fan for Chrissy.

As far as progress on OUR car, I've done some more blasting and painting, but there's a lot more to do. I'm still struggling with the eventual brake specifications. At this point, I'm leaning towards a Stag M/C, Stag front brakes, and possibly putting a proportioning valve into the system to keep the rears from locking up rather than replacing the rear brakes with Stag brakes. Anyone got any experience with proportioning valves? They seem pretty affordable on eBay. I've also acquired some more parts off the list that never seems to end...but will eventually.

One more thing...it's lonely out here. If you read this, please post a comment so that I know you did...:-) Thanks!

Jamie

6 comments:

andy t said...

No need for a proportioning valve.. I have 4 pot racing calipers up front and standard rear... no lock up even in extreme conditions.. ie braking very hard from 120mph...

Jamie said...

Thanks, Andy! That helps!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Monsieur. I'm diggin' Vern's green 2000. Your pal, Joe

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You can always go with an adjustable proportioning valve and dial it in if necessary. I assume Andy has a sedan and that the estate (with a little extra rear weight) would have even less tendency to lock up rear wheels. Nonetheless, an adjustable valve could be dialed in to address any lockups that do occur.

Doug

Anonymous said...

The Gathering was the same day as my club's show at Pensacola Beach. I wanted to bring both my 2000 and my Spitfire but the day before I noticed 1 carb leaking badly so I only brought my Spitfire. See my website at www.spitfire.info.

Jamie said...

Mike, thanks for directing me to your site...I'm a spitfire lover too; see http://home.earthlink.net/~tr6driver/Spitfire ...

Can't wait to start working on the 2000 again...

Jamie