Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Marina's Gone...but...


Well, the Marina is gone and being driven daily. Yea!

However, the disposal of the 2000 Mk. I Sedan didn't work out...so...it's going to stay for a while.

Additionally, we've added a 1975 TR6 race car to be that is being chronicled at my other blog, http://riffrafracing.blogspot.com. The TR6 will eventually race in ChumpCar and 24 Hours of LeMons races with my teammates.

Finally, one more addition will soon be transported from Arizona...a 1956 Standard Vanguard Sportsman. In case you don't know, Standard was the parent company of Triumph. The great thing is that this car is already restored, so it won't take much time away from the Estate. That's it's picture up there resplendent in red and gray. Or is it grey?

Anyway, I also looked over the front end of the Estate again and my friend Steve that is a fabrication whiz came over again...so...we know WHAT we have to do, just have to find the time to do it.

Wouldn't be my life if it wasn't filled Triumphs, would it... :-)

Jamie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you made me look it up.

There is no definitive answer on "grey" vs "gray". It appears to be in part a U.K. vs U.S. spelling issue where the U.K. uses "grey" and Americans use "gray". However, the apparent U.S. trend is for us to use "gray" as the color (noun) and "grey" as the adjective. Really helpful isn't it. So if you want to be British about it, the Vanguard would be "red and grey".

BTW, I still say you've lost your mind but I look forward to seeing the Vanguard when you get it. Is this the Vanguard for which the 6-cylinder engine was developed?

Doug L.

Jamie said...

Later Vanguards got the 6-cylinder...this one essentially has a 2088cc version of the TR3 engine. Most Vanguards had a single solex carb; this one has twin SU's.

Really had a great time today, can't wait until we see you guys again!

1985TVR said...

Hi Jamie,

I have looked at your blog. When are you going to work on something interesting or unique? I like oddball cars, LOL. The Vanguard is a gorgeous car, it looked great at The Gathering. If you will, let me know about the Le Mons and Chump when it comes time.

Thanks,
Tracy Blevins (Tony Blevins little....er Bigger-Little Brother)

Jamie said...

Tracy,

Check out the race car blog at http://riffrafracing.blogspot.com...first race is August 21-22 at Roebling Road!